Distances among ancient temples in Greece
Using Google Earth / Mappi etc calculate the distances between:
- Delphi oracle and Parthenon in Athens
- Delphi oracle Aphaia Temple on Aegina island
- Poseidon Temple in Sounion/Attica and Acropolis of Athens
- Poseidon Temple in Sounion/Attica and Aphaia Temple on Aegina island
- Delphi oracle and Olympia
- Delphi oracle and Acropolis of Athens
- Delphi oracle and Dodona
- Delphi oracle and Dion
- Save a map of Greece in a powerpoint file in your working area and design the lines among the above temples.
- What kind of geometrical shapes do you form?
- Which are the distances between the temples?
- Do you agree with the measurements in the above presentation file?
- What is the meaning of the phrase: "Delphi is the omphalos of the world", according your own point of view?